Project Management for Supervisors
This course is designed for leading hands and site supervisors in the construction industry. It will provide you with an introduction to the project management lifecycle, an understanding of basic project management principles, and the practical tools to effectively manage projects, time, and people.
Session 1: Project Management Essentials (Part 1)
- The project management triangle – time, cost, and quality
- The project management lifecycle – 5 stages
- Fundamental concepts of project programming
- How to think about project activities and their relationship to each other
Session 2: Project Management Essentials (Part 2)
- Time management principles
- Time management techniques
- Managing self and managing others
Session 3: Managing and Leading People
- People management principles
- People management techniques
- Emotional intelligence
- Leading with emotional intelligence
Session 4: Communication, Critical Thinking and Decision Making
- Communication types
- Motivation and communication styles – DiSC model
- The value of critical thinking in decision making
- Techniques to manage conflict resolution and deal with mistakes
Post Training: One-on-one Coaching Session
Following the course, participants will have a 1 x half-hour coaching session with the Facilitator available to them. This can be booked through CTA and must be used within 3 months of the course end date.
DURATION AND DATES
4 x 2-hour sessions run over 4 consecutive weeks:
- Session 1 – Wed, 5 May
- Session 2 – Wed, 12 May
- Session 3 – Wed, 19 May
- Session 4 – Wed, 26 May
Start time: 4:00pm
Finish time: 6:00pm
Light refreshments will be provided.
Standard fee: $385.00 (incl GST)
The course will be held at CTA’s training facility: 27 Birralee Road in Regency Park
Amelia Elm Hunwick
Amelia has been working internationally in Project Management and Training for over 20 years.
Having worked on hundreds of projects in thirteen different countries, she emigrated to South Australia on a Construction Management visa in 2008. Her varied experience has given Amelia a unique perspective across project, financial, and contract management.
She has worked on several award-winning construction and creative projects in Adelaide including The Conservatory on Hindmarsh Square for Lend Lease, the Adelaide Airport Landside Infrastructure Project for Watpac, and most recently the Adelaide Festival Plaza Precinct Upgrade Project for Hansen Yuncken.
Amelia is an engaging and passionate trainer and facilitator who believes in an active learning approach to enable the development of individuals to become more effective, successful, and happy at work.